Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Best Op Shop Find Ever!

I was in Beaconsfield avoiding (or taking a well deserved break as I like to call it) studying for my exam the next day. Thought I would look in the Salvos and see if I could find some vintage sheets (no luck). Was wandering around when I spotted these in a basket on one of the shelves:
I quickly picked them all up and hurried over the the register. Me "How much for these?", Salvos Lady "50 cents each", Me shocked "Are you sure?", Lady "Yes". So I hurriedly bought them before she changed her mind and almost ran to the car (completely not seeing DJ's younger brother who said hi to me and I didn't even see him!).
Closer look:
This is the only one still on the original cardboard, 100% nylon, Made in England.
Light and darker pink.
Love the white lace!
How cute is this colour!
My absolute favourite. Big very light blue lace. This is the only one I have taken of the cardborad the have a closer look at. A little stained or dirty, but had been unpicked off the bottom of a skirt of dress as there are small little holes at the top and it is been sewn into a circle. 
Also found this edge trim in with the lace.
So my 'Best Op shop find ever' cost me a total of $3, I still can't believe it myself. If anyone knows anything about vintage lace could they please comment or email me and let me know anything more about it. I have been told it is from 50s to 70s but nothing more than this. I'm off to the Op Shop now to try and better my luck!

2 comments:

  1. Great find Brianna. I have just started op-shop treasure hunting. Can't believe I didn't do it years ago. Lots of wonderful goodies to uncover:) Anita.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find. Thrifted supplies are the best. Good for the environment, the soul and the pocket!

    ReplyDelete