Thursday, February 17, 2011

My day with Kaffe and Brandon: Part One

My day began bright and early at 4:30am. DJ drove me out to the airport while I fretted about having forgot something, missing my flight, not going to the class on time, all the normal stuff. Lucky for me I arrived 10 minutes early to Canberra, hoped straight in a taxi, and got to Addicted to Fabric at 8:20 and was the second person there.

The lovely Jenny had arranged a big cutting mat, rotary cutter (couldn't take mine as carry on), and a big ruler for me. I set up my design wall and then found out I was meant to have cut a whole row of blocks in 5-6 different colours, not 5-6 blocks in different colours like I thought! Oops! I frantically started cutting and had they all done by the time Kaffe and Brandon arrived. 

For the next three and a half hours I put diamonds up on the wall...


Cut some more...


Take some down, re-arrange and then put some more up... 


This is what it looked like when I went to lunch...


By this time we were all feel a bit frazzled and stressed. I think by this time I had taken blocks down and rearranged them that many times that I had lost count! Kaffe and Brandon were circling the room helping us move blocks and injecting more and different colours to our quilts. Mine was starting to look like someone had throw up blue on my design wall (or so I thought), so Brandon grabbed some different fabrics for me to add.

Off I then went to lunch... 

No comments:

Post a Comment