Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Creative Space; Kaffelicious

Spending my day reading the new Kaffe Fassett book (before the September 1st release date) thanks to the wonderful Michelle who found and posted it down to me!

I think Kaffelicious is the only word (made up or real) to describe the new Kaffe Fassett book, Quilts in Sweden.


The book is full of beautiful quilts and beautiful photographs of the Skansen Museum in Stockholm. 


Rattan Square, such a beautiful quilt and only three patch shapes making it a easy quilt for beginners.


Parquet, the use of floral, stripes, seashells, dots in this quilt is amazing.


Crosses


Barcode, I can't wait to get the fabric to make this one!


Striped City!
Can't wait to make this one for The Boy, just have to work out where to get one of those Dalecarlian horse.


Vintage by Pauline Smith, love all the blue.


Illuminated Lattice, also being added to the make list!


Reflected Pool by Sally Davis.
The greens, blues and purples just pop in this quilt.


Gorgeous pictures of the building at Skansen. 
Love the painted tiles on the pillar and that gorgeous emerald colour!


The article about how Pauline Smith and Kaffe Fassett work together to create the quilts is fantastic.
You get to see and read how the quilts change from beginning of the first blocks on the design wall, Kaffe making changes and then the finished quilt.

The only problem is, even though I have meters,  


and meters,


and meters of fabric,

I still don't have enough or any of the fabric I need!!!!

For the home of Creative Spaces.

2 comments:

  1. I love that feature with Pauline Smith too - so cool, like we are there in the house with them both! I'm so glad you love the book. I definitely want to make Bar Code, Striped City and maybe Rattan Squares with the fabric I already have in the stash. Still thinking! Certainly have no time to do much quilting at the moment, more's the shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh now I cannot wait to get my hands on my copy. I adore that barcode one, think that is my favourite, though they are all simply divine. Thanks for sharing B. xo

    ReplyDelete